Friday, January 23, 2009

Today my camera passed on. And off. And on.


Now that I finally own a new flash card and a waterproof aquapac case, my camera died. Bad timing, little Canon Digital Ixus, very bad timing. I was hoping to take some cool underwater pictures on my next trip to... let's say: the Bahamas, dreaming of colorful fish and corals, white sand and shipwrecks – and now it's just "E18". When I push the "on" button the camera really tries hard to extend the lens, but to no avail. At least I'm not alone in my grief. www.fixya.com/support/t102982-e_18_problem for example gives detailed pictures showing how to fix the problem yourself. But I'm not sure: Do I really want to do this and fight for its life or is it just time to let go? What's the most loving decision here?

No comments: