Friday, December 19, 2008

I think you were wrong, xyz camera store on xyz street in Charleston!

"I'm sorry, this is an OLD CAMERA. They don't make chips that size anymore. I would really upgrade to a new camera", the lady behind the counter told me. Could that be true? Did she actually manage to make me feel bad for working with totally outdated equipment? Yes, she did. Embarrassed I put my old friend Digital Ixus 500 back in my day pack and left the store with one of their catalogues. I didn't want to buy a new camera. I like my "old" camera. It works just fine. Only the 256KB chip had died yesterday. Humm. Crestfallen I walked through the beautiful city of Charleston and looked in grief at all the great photo opportunities I was missing: rocking chairs on sunny porches, lemonade stands and fire trucks, white fences and lazy cats, people at street corners, christmas ornaments in palm trees, and... and... and... and then I found a 1 GB memory card at Walgreens. Perfect size. I knew it! I was so happy and so upset that I couldn't take any good pictures anymore. Just look at the one above: a house, a palm tree - and a giant lamp/phone/power cable post? Incredibly bad. I dedicate this picture to you, xyz camera store on yxz street in downtown Charleston! Enjoy!

No comments: