Saturday, December 20, 2008

All that jazz! A French night out in Charleston.

And I thought I had escaped Europe! Our taxi cab dropped us off right in front of Mistral restaurant on 99 S. Market Street and it looked just too inviting to not go in. The food was French and great (it's been a long time since I last had goat's cheese), as were the wines and cocktails and the espresso... After dinner we were too stuffed to move, so we wandered over to the bar and listened to the Dixieland band. A perfect night out in Charleston and still so much more to see and do! Sigh. Oh, did I mention we had a spectacular lunch at The Palmetto Café the other day? (This is a rhetorical question, of course I know I have NOT mentioned it yet.) Just read what they say about themselves: "The Palmetto Café epitomizes the wonderful Charleston juxtaposition of lazy tranquility with cosmopolitan glamour" - as wonderfully as they construct their sentences they craft their dishes. I had the most entertaining and delicious  deconstruction of a salade nicoise: frisee lettuce on the right, olive tapenade in the middle, quail eggs on tuna tartar on the left - spectacular.

No comments: