Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Where are the manatees? Probably enjoying their day off at the spa.

Here in Florida you see slow speed and manatee area signs at every inlet, on almost every piling in a marina and every blackboard at a marina office warns boaters to not approach, run over, feed, or touch Florida's state marine mammal. I wonder: Where in Neptune's name are they? I haven't seen a single one in my whole life and I think I'm ready now. Manatees generally start traveling to warm water when the air temperature drops below 50 degrees or when the water temperature dips to 68 degrees. Although it's a little warmer right now, the guys at Titusville Municipal Marina told us to sail further South to the nuclear power plants, because manatees love to hang out there in the warm discharge water. I still do not trust it, but I will certainly add this point to the list of arguments for nuclear power.

Lots of manatees on the internet.

No comments: