Friday, December 5, 2008

How about hibernating, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina?

If there is one thing that has a devastating effect on style and length of an article, it is the combination of freezing one's ass off and a bad internet connection. Right know I'm standing in the companionway, my upper body out in the cold cockpit, my feet in the warm cabin below, because this is the only position where I can pick up a wi-fi signal. Arrrgh, there you have it, my brain just froze! But never mind. This is kind of a strange place here anyway. Myrtle Beach is also known as "America's beach playground" and Barefoot Landing naturally combines beauty and nature with fun and excitement for the entire family. I was very excited about the alligator park across the parking lot, but it was closed, and about the House of Blues across the parking lot, that looked really cool, but was pretty empty, and Alabama Theater, but I didn't feel like a Christmas Show, so we just had dinner at the dock. I wonder how all these places survive in the winter, must be tough when you can't just go hibernate, but have to keep your doors open and your smile up. Speaking of hibernation - I'll go to my warm nest for a couple of hours now. See you in the morning!

No comments: