Thursday, December 25, 2008

Fröhliche Weihnachten, family!





Last night I had a really hard time writing my "merry christmas" post. We had been to the James Island Holiday Festival of Lights the day before yesterday and I had edited a little video with all those crazy, colorful lights and the good old Jefferson Airplane song "White Rabbit" - which matched the psychedelic experience of driving through the enchanted county park pretty well. What a cool video! I was so proud of myself. Then I got doubts about the copyright of the song, my server didn't let me upload any videos at all, my laptop ran out of power, my camera did the same, I tried to write something witty and ironic like "wish you all have a white christmas" with a picture of myself under a palm tree, but it didn't feel right - so at the end of the evening I was pretty upset. I sat down and thought about what I really felt and wanted to write about. And there it was: It is Christmas day, I am here on a beautiful sailboat with the captain I love - and I miss my family. I wish I could pack them all in a big old suitcase and ship them here. Because they are cool. They are funny and loving and wonderful, just look at the pictures. So - no intelligent, witty, ironic stuff tonight, just the truth: I wish you were here.

No comments: