Wednesday, November 26, 2008

From Belhaven to Raleigh - not quite a sailing day

Sometimes I think I would have more friends if only I could sleep less. While I'm still in bed, other people (like The Captain for instance) are busily writing their online friends all over the world. 90% of the time I am "still in bed", "just out of bed" or "about to go to bed". The rest of the time I'm just tired. Do you think 11 hours are too much? They work just fine for me. Why have social contact, when you can have pillows? Anyway, I gave Regina a ride to Raleigh Durham airport today, an easy drive straight down 264. When we got hungry, we took the very next exit and stopped at the Farmville McDonald's for a quick breakfast. A couple of hours later, when I had dropped her off and was on my way back to River Forest Marina in Belhaven, I felt like having a coffee, just took the very next exit and... guess where I ended up? The McDonald's in Farmville. So good to be home again! A big thankyou for a nice iced coffee and lots of free smiles.

No comments: